This site and all contents of the site are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge, by your use of the site, that your use of the site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of our site, and that SOFWANAH COSMETICS shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of this site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold SOFWANAH COSMETICS harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the Website.
We highly value your privacy and make this policy easily available throughout our site to assist you in understanding the handling of information in the course of using this site.
SOFWANAH COSMETICS (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://www.sofwanahcosmetic.com website (the “Website”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our service. By using our service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
SOFWANAH COSMETICS takes its responsibilities in relation to protecting your Personal Data and compliance with Applicable Laws very seriously. We are committed to properly managing, protecting and processing your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy, which shall apply to all Personal Data we collect from you through our Platforms.
Please read and review this Policy, which will inform you how we collect, use, process and disclose your Personal Data. We may also collect and process your Personal Data under any exceptions to Applicable Laws, which are not set out in this Policy. We trust that it will assist you in making an informed decision whether to provide us with any of your Personal Data.
For the purposes of understanding SOFWANAH COSMETICS’s Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”), capitalised terms used in this Policy shall have the following meanings:
- “Applicable Laws” means Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its subsidiary legislations and regulations as amended from time to time;
- “Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any applicable Data Protection Laws.
- “Platforms” means collectively SOFWANAH COSMETICS’s Social Media and Website, and any other websites or applications which we may own or operate from time to time;
- “Social Media” means SOFWANAH COSMETICS’s pages and accounts on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest;
- “Website” means the SOFWANAH COSMETICS website accessed at the following address at www.sofwanahcosmetic.com.
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect include your name, contact details, mailing and delivery addresses, email address, birthday, network and device data, your shopping or browsing behaviours, facial image, voice recording (for customer service calls) and any other personally identifiable information which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us.
We may also collect information how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
If you provide us with Personal Data & Usage Data relating to a third party by submitting such Personal Data & Usage Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data & Usage Data for the respective purposes.
By browsing our Website, or ordering any of our products and services, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
We may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. You agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time. We will endeavour to notify you by email or by notice on the Website of any material changes to the Policy.
LOG FILES AND COOKIES
This website utilizes industry standard analytics packages which gathers limited information on visitors to our website automatically, and stores this anonymous information in server log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, basic IP information, referring pages, operating system used and date/time stamps. This information does not identify individual users; it is used only for site administration, as well as for analysis of website usage and trends.
Additionally, cookies may be used to provide easier and faster access to website features such as logins and/or repeat visits. Cookies are very small text files that are stored on personal computers for reference purposes.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when your browser is closed, and a persistent cookie may stay on your hard drive for an extended period. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our site; persistent cookies can perform such activities as storing your shopping cart items so you do not have to add to cart again as you visit our online store, and/or may be used to enable us to track and target the interests of our users so as to enhance the overall experience of using our site.
We have no access to or administration abilities over any cookies that are used by any advertisers on our site.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service and Website, the loss of Website functionality, restrict your use of the Website, or delay or affect the way in which the Website operates.
Examples of Cookies we use:
– Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service
– Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
– Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
SOFWANAH COSMETICS uses the services of third-party vendors, who may implement cookies on the Website. Advertisements on the Website may be provided by third party agencies. These advertisements may also generate cookies, for example, to track how many people have viewed the advertisement. The collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third-party cookies are subject to the privacy and data protections policies of the third-party vendors and are not under our control.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
We do not control these services and make no representations regarding, and are not liable or responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability or availability of, any of such services. If you choose to access any Third-Party site, you do so at your own risk. Any link or hyperlink from our website to a Third-Party website does not imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of the content on that Third-Party website or the operator or operations of that site. Any concerns regarding the content and/or availability of hyperlinks, which are not controlled by SOFWANAH COSMETICS, should be directed to the Third-Party that controls the content of the hyperlink. You are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you use any content at any Third-Party websites to which you might link from our website, or which you may download or connect with through our Website. If you believe we have provided a link to a site that contains infringing or illegal content or services, we ask that you notify us so that we may evaluate whether in our sole discretion to disable it. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any dealings with any Third-Party website or merchant or operator of such a Third-Party website.
REGISTRATION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Registration is not required in order to use or access this website. However, you are required to register as a customer to perform checkout process.
If you do register, and in the process provide us with personally identifiable information, rest assured that any such information you provide will not be shared with any third-party organization except with your express consent.
We also provide visitors to our website the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us. In this case, we ask the visitor for his or her email address and name. These communications will include our regular newsletter, product promotions and any other information that we feel may be pertinent to the visitor. You may opt out of receiving these communications by emailing us at email@example.com, by replying to any email we send you and entering the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
Again, if you provide us with your email address and/or name for the purposes of receiving communications from us, this information will not be shared with any third-party organization except with your express consent.
USE OF DATA
SOFWANAH COSMETICS uses the collected data for various purposes:
– To provide and maintain our service
– To notify you about changes to our service
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
– To provide customer care and support
– To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
– To monitor the usage of our Website
– To detect, prevent and address technical issues
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on the Website;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter, product notifications;
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Website and Whatsapp;
- You accept our cookies on your device;
- You interact with our customer experience team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You participate in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- We receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- Your authorized representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorized by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- When you voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
Please also take note of our Cookies Policy in respect of the data collected and used by third-party cookies and trackers on our Website and Apps.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Please ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE USED?
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- register and maintain your user account;
- process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including our couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- process your returns or refunds;
- provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish list, brand or product notifications;
- communicate with you in relation to (i) your queries, requests and feedback, (ii) material changes to our Website Policy or other terms and conditions, and (iii) matters relating to the operation of your account;
- personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website, for example by prioritizing products and services appearing in your search results or feed;
- monitor and enforce compliance of our service, including dispute resolution;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law; and
- ensure our Website function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimizing our Website.
(collectively, the “Purposes”)
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions or the Platforms;
- send you marketing communications in relation to the sales, products, services or promotions of business partners, including promotional mail together with your order;
- invite you to our private customer events;
- process your participation in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- process your participation in our business partners’ loyalty or point redemption programs;
- conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- promote our products and services on our platforms;
- manage the administrative and business operations of Sofwanah Cosmetics and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- improve your customer experience across all touchpoints and training our customer experience team, such as by recording and monitoring phone calls; and
- any specific purpose in relation to a particular product or service, which we may separately notify you on the product or service page;
(collectively, the “Additional Purposes”)
We may also use your Personal Data (a) for other purposes which are reasonably related to the Purposes and where we have obtained and maintain related consent, the Additional Purposes; or (b) in circumstances where such use does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Note: If you withdraw your consent for us to use and process your Personal Data the Purposes or the Additional Purposes, we may no longer be able to provide you with the related products, services or benefits associated with our promotion.
WHO WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE SHARED WITH?
In relation to our use of your Personal Data for the Purposes or Additional Purposes, we may disclose your Personal Data to our:
- employees, consultants, temporary workers;
- payment processors, who process your payment on the Website and Whatsapps;
- logistics providers, such as courier services which will deliver your order to you;
- business partners or vendors in connection with the processing of any promotion, event or service organised by us;
- professional advisers and consultants;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us, such as online cloud storage and processing, marketing optimization, information technology, telecommunications, security or other relevant services which requires their collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
- any other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We may also disclose your Personal Data (a) for other purposes which are reasonably related to the Purposes and where we have obtained and maintain related consent, the Additional Purposes; or (b) in circumstances where such disclosure does not require consent under the Applicable Laws.
We do our best to minimize the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose. ‘
This Policy and your use of this Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Malaysia. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.
We follow accepted industry standards to protect any personal information you have provided to us. The security of your data is important to us. However, please be aware that no method of electronic storage can ever be 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we are not in a position to guarantee the absolute security of your information.
UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. In this regard, SOFWANAH COSMETICS may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Policy at our absolute discretion.
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on our Website. Any amended Policy will be posted on our website and can be viewed at www.sofwanahcosmetic.com/privacy-policy. By continuing to use our Platforms and/or services after the Policy has been amended, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms of such amended Policy.
You are encouraged to visit the above Website from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed of our latest policies in relation to Personal Data protection.